Saturday, October 01, 2005

Purpose Driven Life chapter 7

Chapter 7: The Reason for Everything

Something to remember: It's ALL for Him! Jesus will give you everything you need to live for him!

Verse to remember: "God has given gifts to each of you from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Manage them well so that God's generosity can flow through you. Are you called to help others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. then God will be given glory" ~1 Peter 4:10-11

The statement(s) that was the most impactful: "Living for God's glory is the greatest achievement we can accomplish with our lives."

"When anything in creation fulfills its purpose, its brings glory to God."

Other thoughts:

The ways that we can bring glory to God:
Worship him:
He absolutly loves it when we worship him! He gets great pleasure out of that! It's our first responsibility to God. We worship God by enjoying him. For example: when we are worshipping through music, we are enjoying being in God's presence right? So therefore we are worshipping God through enjoying being in his presence! Something important to remember is that God wants our worship to be motivated by love not by obligation.

Loving other believers: We need to learn how to love others as God does.

Become like Christ: He wants us to be spiritually mature in ways like how we think, feel and act.The more that we develop Christlike characteristics, the more we will bring glory to God.

Serve others with your gifts: Thats quite simple. Serving God's people will make him happy. Now, dont say " well i dont have a gift" because EVERYONE has a gift.

Tell others about him: I was on the bus and skytrain today going to pick up my kit for the run i am doing tomorrow (CIBC Run for the Cure) and i was wearing a shirt my mom gave me that is the salvation army shirt that has on the sleeves "Heart to God, Hand to Man" and on the back "Jesus is Lord" I had 2 people come up to me today and one said "where did u get that shirt" i said that i got it from my church and she said "I like it" and the other lady talked to me on my way home. She tapped my shoulder and said 'Amen' and then we had a nice discussion on the skytrain ride home.

In order to live for God's purpose I need to belive in him and recieve him. I need to believe that God loves me and that i was made to last forever and that God wants me to have a relationship with Jesus! I need to recieve his forgiveness and his Spirit.

Jesus I believe in you and I recieve you! AMEN

"Today I choose to follow you. Today I choose to give my 'yes' to you. Today I choose to hear your voice and live. Today I choose to follow you. As for me in my house, we will serve you. As for me in my house we will spend our lives on you" Today- by Kathryn Scott

Now that the biggest priority of today is finished, i need to do the not so important one: cleaning... oh joy :P haha

Blessings...

<3 Christine

No comments: