Monday, October 31, 2005

The Heart of Worship is more than a song

As I was listening to the song "Heart of Worship" it got me thinking in a way I never did before. God wants waaaay more than just a song sung to him. He wants our service!! he wants our love. He doesnt just want a song!

When the music fades
And all is stripped away
And I simply come
Longing just to bring
Something that's of worth
That will bless your heart

When we leave the musical worship part of the service, he wants us to just simply come and just do something that is going to glorify him. When we aren't singing worship lyriced songs he wants us to be serving others or doing something that is going to glorify Him! We must long to bring him all of us. We must long to bring more than a song to glorify him! We must share him with others!

I'll bring You more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what You have required
You search much deeper within
Through the ways things appear
You're looking into my heart

He wants more than a song. he wants us to share him with others. he wants us to share our lessons with others, he wants us to share our testimony with others. He wants us to save one more for Jesus! He knows our hearts. So he will know if our worship is not authentic. He will know if our worship is strictly for recognition!

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You
All about You, Jesus
I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it
When it's all about You
It's all about You Jesus

The heart of worship I believe is all about Jesus. We need to know that our lives are all about Jesus! That the reason we are alive and breathing is because of Jesus dying on the cross! Our lives should be ALL ABOUT serving people for Him! I am sorry Lord if all i have done is just sing and not serve! I am sorry Lord that i pinned worship as only music. As i read the Bible and finish reading the Purpose Driven Life my eyes are now opened! Worship is not just music! Its our EVERYDAY lives!

King of endless worth
No one could express
How much You deserve
Though I'm weak and poor
All I have is Yours
Every single breath

No worship that i bring will be everything that He deserves! But all i have i will give to Him as my offering! ALL i have is His! My life is his!

I'll bring You more than just a song
For a song in itself
Is not what You have required
You search much deeper within
Through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You
All about You, Jesus
I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it
When it's all about You
It's all about You Jesus

Its all about you
Jesus

Lord, i pray that this song will be planted in people's hearts and that people will know that worship is not all about music. its our everyday lives. Everything we do can be worship. Everything we do should bring glory to Your name! I pray that people's eyes will be open to serving others, because when they serve others, they serve you!

Matthew 25:24- 46 "Then the King will say to those on his right, "Enter, you who are blessed by my Father! Take what's coming to you in this kingdom. It's been ready for you since the world's foundation. And here's why: I was hungry and you fed me, I was thirsty and you gave me a drink, I was homeless and you gave me a room, I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
I was sick and you stopped to visit, I was in prison and you came to me.'

"Then those "sheep' are going to say, "Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?' Then the King will say, "I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me--you did it to me.'

"Then he will turn to the "goats,' the ones on his left, and say, "Get out, worthless goats! You're good for nothing but the fires of hell. And why? Because-- I was hungry and you gave me no meal, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was homeless and you gave me no bed, I was shivering and you gave me no clothes, Sick and in prison, and you never visited.'

"Then those "goats' are going to say, "Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or homeless or shivering or sick or in prison and didn't help?' "He will answer them, "I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you failed to do one of these things to someone who was being overlooked or ignored, that was me--you failed to do it to me.'

"Then those "goats' will be herded to their eternal doom, but the "sheep' to their eternal reward."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice... you're a good cheesy pie goblyn..... I like you!!

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about? I'm her #1 fan!!!

Christine said...

haha nice. :) yay i have a fan! weee :) thanks MJ

Karyn Baker said...

I like how we ALL know that's MJ even though she never puts her name.... :)

Christine said...

ya totally!! see ya tomorrow (work)

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys!! Who's MJ?? I really need to know???

Christine said...

its YOU.... haha u cant fool us. Bakes and I both know your typing... (your words)

no foolin us! right Bakes??

Anonymous said...

Seriously!! Who is MJ?? Is she like my long lost sister or somthing?? My name is Stefany gibbler!! What is wrong with you people??? I'm not MJ!! I'm so confused!! Your crazy!!