Sunday, October 23, 2005

Purpose Driven Life chapter 29

Chapter 29: Accepting your Assignment

Something to remember: You were put on earth to make a contribution

Verse to remember: "Because of Gods great mercy.. offer yourselves as a living sacrifice to God, dedicated to his service" Romans 12:1

Something that was impactful: This chapter title sounds like something off a charlies angel movie haha. God gives us a mission. He created us to serve him, we were saved to serve, we are called to serve and we are commanded to serve God. Wow Rick quotes something pretty powerful "If i have no love for others, no desire to serve others, I should question whether Christ is really in my life." There is NO small act of service to God. God even loves the chair stackers!!! It says here that the small or hidden ministries (bulliten making etc) often make the biggest difference. The last sentence in this chapter is HUGE

"[God] will use you too if you just stop making excuses" OUCH!!!

There was ministry sunday today at church after service and I signed up for something that wasnt on any list. birthday card making. I feel that is a strong ministry. People are very happy wjen people remember their birthdays. So if we get a list of everyone's birthdays, i can make cards and give them to them on their birthdays! Or put it in their box! WOO!!!

I gotta go now, im gonna go to bed soon.. BYEE

4 comments:

Karyn Baker said...

Christine - check out the date on this blog - MONDAY, October 23rd, 2006!! What happened to your calendar?

Christine said...

WOAW! What the heck? k im going to attempt to fix that

Anonymous said...

What a great chapter. I am reading to accept the assignment that God wants to give me.

Anonymous said...

Soory about the spelling I don't see it I meant to say I amj ready to accept God assignment for me