Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Purpose Driven Life chapter 32

Chapter 32: Using what God gave you!

Something to remember: God deserves your BEST

Verse to Remember: "Be sure to do what you should, for then you will enjoy the personal satisfaction of having done your work well, and you wont need to compare yourself to anyone else." Galatians 6:4

Something impactful: how to discover my shape: I need to assess my gifts and abilities. I need to look at what i am good at and what i am not good at. I need to ask other people for their opinion.

I need to consider my heart and my personality. Where is my passion? Where does that passion lie? I just did a philosophy paper on this!!

I need to examine my experiencse and extract the lessons that i learned from those experiences. How have these experiences shaped the person that i am today? When we are going through something bad we dont see the good in it until after its over. Hindsight is always 20/20!

I like this extended metaphor: Don't be envious of the runner in the lane next to you; just focus on finishing YOUR race!

Blessings...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Christine
Great blog I always enjoy reading them.You are doing a great job on keep up with reading the purpose driven life. I am so proud of you keep up the good work
Love ya