Tuesday, July 12, 2005

God speaks through his word

I think God is trying to tell me something. Let me tell you a couple stories

About a year ago, just before I went to Alberta I kept hearing God speak to me through his powerful scriptures. The verse that He spoke to me was Jeremiah 29:11-14 which says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile." [NIV] The Message says "I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out--plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. "When you come looking for me, you'll find me.Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed. GOD's Decree. I'll turn things around for you. I'll bring you back from all the countries into which I drove you--GOD's Decree--bring you home to the place from which I sent you off into exile. You can count on it.

I LOVE the message's version of it. It says that he will turn things around for ME. So if i am having a rough time right now, i BELIEVE that he will turn things around for me if i ask him. and we can COUNT ON IT. We can count on HIM for everything. We dont need anyone else but him. Its an amazing revelation.

My second story is this:

I had a dream about a month ago, Nancy Michel was in it for some reason. She had her finger in the bible on a specific page, it was the page of 1st Peter. Then she handed me the bible and i heard 1st Peter 5:7 which says "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you" [NIV] The message says "Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you." I like the NIV better..They both are great translations but i think that the NIV explains it better. We need to cast our anxieties on him because he doesnt want to see us hurting. He wants to carry our burdens so we dont have to carry them.... Like Matthew 11:28 says : "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. [ MSG] Thats awesome eh? Well thats my revelations for the day.

Im going to go to bed now. I'll think of something brilliant to write tomorrow (hopefully) I hope you all are blessed by this blog.

No comments: