Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Quote

How fitting is this quote considering what we talked tonight about tonight at Refuge. We basically were talking about love (dont know HOW we got on that topic, but from what I needed to hear and what i heard from a few people in the car ride home, was something that we needed to hear so it was totally from God) But it was ya..about love and how we need to perservere through love and ya...heres the scriptures that were read (which I am going to do a personal bible study on chapter 13) I like it from the message...wow

"If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
Love never dies. "

But the quote that I read in my daily quote email this evening for today was this:

God wants to speak to us more than we want to listen. He is a God of love, and love longs to communicate.

Linda Schubert

We were talking about love and that quote was the one for today..how fitting.... and the convorsation tonight was something I really needed to hear.... I have had troubles loving someone because of past hurts in my life caused by this person and now I know what to do... fall on my face and PRAY for God to fill me with complete love for this person!

Its so awesome when we go to Refuge we dont know what to expect. Karyn had something TOTALLY different to preach on but then we just got into this... its weird how God does that, when people need to hear something it is spoken... It just shows how God can totally take over the service, afterall it is all about Him, and he IS the center of our service, so why shouldnt he take over... Hes awesome!

Blessings...

No comments: