Monday, August 29, 2005

Convenience

I was just reading Karyn's blog (sorry for sorta stealing your idea)..

Rain.... As i was reading her blog, and what i understood of it was that basically we go through Spiritual rain (problems) complain about them. Why? Because they are inconvenient. And God did not promise that we wouldnt face trials but in John 16:33 it says

"In this world there will be trouble, but take heart, for i have overcome the world"


I commented and basically said that she was so right about it.

I think rain is like God- In my mind anyways- because when it rains I really dont like it, if I have to go out IN it. If I have to walk home from somewhere in it, that is not fun. It is INCONVENIENT. I am perfectly happy to sit at home in my living room and watch it stream down the road, or lying in my bed this morning I was listening to it, its a nice sound. That is awesome to listen to and watch because its CONVENIENT for me. I dont need to go anywhere, its nice.

This is so much what we do with God. We love him sooo much when things are going well. Lets say you get a new job, you are in love, you bought a cat, and everyone in your family is healthy. You love God and praise him because everything is going well in your life. But lets say you lose that job, you break up with your boyfriend, your cat dies and a member of your family is ill all of a sudden. You wouldn't want to praise God because things in your life are so crappy. But this is when we should praise him MORE. "You give and take away, my heart will choose to say blessed be your name" Those are lyrics to a song that I love so much called "Blessed be Your Name" What we tend to do is praise God when it is going well for us (when it is convenient for us) and we tend to push Him away and get mad at Him and not love Him when we are going through a rough time (when its not convenient for us)

My prayer is that we will praise him through ANYTHING thats going on in our lives, whether it is good or bad. He deserves the praise! Whether it is convenient or not for us! God loves us no matter what we do right? We should do the same for him!

Job 1: 21~ Naked I came from my mother’s womb, And naked shall I return there. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; Blessed be the name of the LORD.” (NKJV)

Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. —Jeremiah 31:3

Fun Fact:Oprah Gail Winfrey was born January 29, 1954, on a farm in Kosciusko, Mississippi. She was supposed to be Orpah, from the Bible, but for some unknown reason, she has been known as Oprah almost from birth.

1 comment:

Karyn Baker said...

Great post, Christine (what a great topic!)! :)