Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Job and David

I meet with a good friend of mine to go for dinner once a week, and we have been keeping each other accountable to reading scripture. During the summer we read Job. And currently we are going through the Psalms.

I must say that it is very interesting that the reading of Psalm came after reading Job. Both David and Job have something in common.

Job gets all sorts of things taken away from him, but yet he still praises God. Job 1:21 "And he said 'Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked i shall return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."

Psalm 22: 1-3 "My God, my God why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning? Oh my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer, and by night, but I find no rest." and the worshipful part "YET you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Isreal."

I just thought that was kinda cool.

No comments: