Thursday, December 15, 2005

What to do when you are feeling down

God has been laying this on my heart. I see so many of my friends who are going through some bad stuff and are feeling pretty sad. So God has laid this on my heart to write this as a blog!

God is our peace:

Isaiah 26:3-4 " You, Lord, give true peace to those who depend on you, because they trust you. So, trust the Lord always, because he is our Rock forever!"

That is so true, God is our rock. We can lean on him for comfort. He will never move. People in your lives move away or people change but God never does, so we need to rely on Him to be our strength and help in times of trouble.

Isaiah 57:19-21 "I will give peace, real peace, to those far and near, and I will heal them' says the Lord. But evil people are like the angry sea, which cannot rest, whose waves toss up waste and mud 'there is no peace for evil people' says my God"

He will give peace to people who love him no matter what. Evil people will never get peace until they meet God. The true meaning of Peace only comes from knowing God.

God is our protector:

Psalm 37:39-40 "The Lord saves good people; he is their strength in times of trouble. The Lord helps them and saves them; he saves them from the wicked, because they trust in him for protection."

If we trust in Him when we are going through a rough time, he will bring us out of our troubles because he have trusted that he will get us through. There have been many times in my life where I have thought that God was not there.

I was around 1 year and a half and I was playing with my lamb toy that my Nana gave me at birth. I accidentally dropped the lamb down the basement stairs (over the bars) and I didn't realize how far it was (i was still young) and I reached down thinking I could just pick her up and be on my way. Well nope, I feel over the bars and straight down to the bottom of the stairs. My head landed right square on the lamb. The doctors said I would have died, if the lamb wasn't at the bottom of the stairs.

For the longest time I was like, why would God let that happen, why would he let me fall down the stairs. Everyone kept saying that God did save me because I am alive right now, but for a while I doubted. But then as I grew and matured spiritually, I had thought about the metaphors and spiritual meaning to that lamb being there. One of Jesus' names is "Lamb of God" I definitly feel that today, God saved me that day for a reason. Wow this is getting into what my testimony is going to be on sunday...crap!

Back to the actual blog.

God does not want us to worry:

Philippians 4:6-7 " Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks. And God's peace, which is so great we cannot understand it, will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus"

God doesnt want us to worry, He wants us to place our burdens on him because he can take it! We are not meant to carry a heavy burden! Thats why we need to give all that to God. We will be much happier people if we do that.

"I pray that the God who gives hope will fill you with much joy and peace while you trust in him. Then your hope will overflow by the power of the Holy Spirit!" Romans 15:13

1 comment:

April said...

Hey great blog
Sometimes I don't know what to do when I am feeling down. Great advices