Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Purpose Driven Life part 3

Chapter 3: What drives your life?

Something to remember: The five benefits of living a purpose driven life are:
1.Knowing your purpose gives meaning to your life.
2.Knowing your purpose simplifies your life.
3.Knowing your purpose focuses your life.
4.Knowing your purpose motivates your life.
5.Knowing your purpose prepares you for eternity.

Nothing matters more than knowing God's purposes for your life, and nothing can compensate for not knowing them.

You weren't put on earth to be remembered. You were put here to prepare for eternity.

Verse to remember: "Dont live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants." Ephesians 5:17

"I know what i am planning for you 'I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you a hope and a good future'" Jeremiah 29:11

The statement(s) that was the most impactful: "If you want your life to have impact, focus it" It reminds me of what my best friend said in a bible study once (see...this was said a while ago and we are still using it.) "We tend to move towards what we focus on" So if we focus on our lives having impact, it will happen!

"You weren't put on earth to be remembered. You were put here to prepare for eternity"

That is chapter 3. I will try my best to keep this updated, but since I am at work for the next 2 days, I know for sure that up to chapter 5 will get done.

:)

No comments: