Monday, June 11, 2007

Love God with all your Weakness

We are called to love God with "all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind" Luke 10:27. We have to love God with everything we have, even if it is our weakest point. In order to love God with all our strength, we have to admit that we are weak. We have to acknowledge that God is the source of our strength and that without him we are weak and can do nothing. "I am the vine, you are the branches, if a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit. Apart from me he can do nothing." John 15:5. We need to totally depend on him, and allow his strength to work through us. God WANTS us to rely on our own strength so that we will start to rely on HIS strength alone.

Just imagine the things we could do if we relied on God's strength and not our own. We can move MOUNTAINS! Isn't that cool? Just imagine that! We can love people who you deem "unloveable" because in God's eyes everyone is loveable. THAT is only done on God's strength. If we rely on our own strength, we cannot love those who are unloveable because lets face it, we are humans. We make mistakes. But if we rely on God to help us with that, then anything is possible because "All things are possible with God who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13.

It does not happen in one day though. It takes little steps of faith. Start small and work your way up and you will be so happy! It is a lifelong journey, but will be so worth it in the end! The willingness to rely on him is a step of faith right there.

Remember this: We can't love God wholeheartedly until we rely on God's strength because we can't do it on our own strength.

So here is a question for you, and I must ask it myself too.... How dependant am I on God each day? Do I rely on him for everything or do I move independantly of him a lot?

No comments: