Thursday, April 20, 2006

Silence

On Tuesday night Re:Fuge we learned about Silence..

This is a tough thing for me. Some questions that were asked were:
-Do you have a hard time being quiet? Yes
-What are the noises in your life? Music mostly
-Do you have the power to remove the noises? Yes, but I usually choose not to because I love music
-Do you have the power to control the noises? Yes
-Do you have the power to minimalize the noises? Yes
-Do you have time in your day to be silent with God? I don't make the time unfortunatly
-Is it possible that God speaks to you all the time? Yes, but its the fact that I don't listen sometimes
-When you are troubled with things who do you go to, God or others? Firstly, others and then God...it shouldnt be that way.
-What is the longest time you spent in silence? 5 minutes
-Are you afraid of being alone with God? I guess.... I just don't like silence.

Those were tough questions to answer. There were some verses that were spoken too:

Deuteronomy27:9-Then Moses and the priests, who are Levites, said to all Israel, "Be silent, O Israel, and listen! You have now become the people of the LORD your God.

Psalm4:4-In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent.

Habakkuk2:20-But the LORD is in his holy temple; let all the earth be silent before him.

Matthew11:28-Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Psalm46:10-Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.

Have you spent 5 even 10 minutes in silence before God?

No comments: